| || |
| | View this page in: 简体中文版
||Matthew Wong is a tax partner and the practice leader of the China Financial Services Tax Group of PwC. |
Matthew manages all major financial services clients in Shanghai and specialises in advising foreign financial services sectors on China Tax and Investment. He has over 20 years of tax experience, 16 years of which is in China tax gained in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
The Shanghai Municipal Tax Bureau appointed Matthew as one of the 18 members of its external supervising committee for the periods 1996 to 1998. He served as the chairman of the tax committee of Amcham-Shanghai in 2000. In 2001, Matthew was also appointed as one of the 18 external advisors for the Shanghai Waigaoqiao government on policy development for the Free Trade Zone in China. Matthew was voted as a top tax advisor in China in the surveys conducted by the International Tax Review in 2001 and 2002. He is also appointed as one of the members of International Advisory and Consultative Committee of Wuxi New District in 2006 and 2007. Matthew is a member of the Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants, ACCA and Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Matthew's experiences include:
- Developing market entry tax strategies and M&A tax plans for foreign financial services clients including advising on tax efficient offshore holding structure;
- Advising tax treaty implications on cross-border transactions for foreign financial service companies / financial institutions in China; Profit repatriation planning for foreign financial service companies;
- Reviewing tax implication of emerging financial products in various financial services sectors in China;
- Negotiating with tax authorities on taxation treatment on complex financial transactions; and
- Advising personal tax implication on expatriate and local staff working in financial service industry.