Victor is a partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers' Greater China Restructuring and Insolvency practice and is based in our Shanghai office. Victor is a member of the Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accounts, the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts and the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accounts. He is also an Insolvency Practitioner registered with the Official Receiver's Office in Hong Kong. Victor has practiced full time in the insolvency and corporate reorganization field in Hong Kong since 1994. He was transferred to our Shanghai office in November 2004 to help develop the Restructuring and Insolvency practice in the PRC.
His major recent experiences in the PRC and Hong Kong include:
- Advising and in charge of various debt restructuring, distressed investment, receivership and liquidation assignments in Hong Kong and China;
- Advising a major foreign investor in relation to proposed acquisition of a US$3 billion (face value) NPL; portfolio from a domestic bank with nation-wide network. Led a team to review and analyse the loan files of the top 100 borrowers and assisted investor in coordinating with other advisors and valuing the portfolio;
- Advising a number of Korean investors in their acquisition of various NPL portfolios in Dalian, Chengdu and Chongqing;
- Advising a consortium of investors in relation to proposed acquisition of a multi-billion dollar NPL portfolio from a branch of a Chinese bank in Cayman Islands;
- Advising a major US investor to successfully acquired a RMB900 million (face value) NPL portfolio from a Chinese AMC in 2006; and
- Assisting a Chinese financial institution in reviewing and valuing a RMB150 billion (face value) portfolio of non-performing entrusted loan that was transferred from a major Chinese bank.