How efficient is your company's cross-border tax planning strategy?
To remain competitive, multinational corporations (MNCs) must have the reduction of the overall effective tax rate as one of their main tax goals. There are various strategies for reducing worldwide effective tax rates in the international context. Our approach is to ensure that tax opportunities are maximized and adverse tax outcomes are identified and managed efficiently.
Outbound tax planning services
International expansion has been significant to many US-based MNCs. Our US outbound tax planning services focus on meeting business needs, including:
- Debt financing and restructuring;
- Foreign tax credits management;
- Foreign loss planning;
- Maintaining US deferral;
- Repatriation of profits; and
- Cash redeployment.
Inbound tax planning services
The complexity of US tax law has a profound effect on foreign-owned US businesses and investments. Our US inbound tax planning services focus on cross-border tax planning advice to help foreign-based MNCs efficiently align their commercial and tax objectives, including:
- Designing tax effective structure for acquisitions;
- Repatriating cash or redeploying funds in a tax efficient manner;
- Minimizing tax costs on investment exits; and
- Refinancing debt efficiently to achieve overall lower cost of funds.
US tax compliance can be a challenge
With a team of close to thirty (30) US tax professionals locally in Hong Kong, we are committed to helping our clients meet their US tax compliance needs in an efficient, accurate and timely manner. Our services include:
- Federal and state tax return filings for partnerships, corporations, other business or non-profit entities, individuals and trusts and estate (for US & non-US persons);
- Federal information return filings;
- Federal withholding tax filings and reporting;
- FATCA analysis and reporting; and
- PFIC analysis and reporting.
M&A deal structuring & tax due diligence
What are the US tax implications for your M&A deal
It is important to identify and understand the US tax implications of a proposed M&A deal involving US targets or acquirers and establish a tax structure that delivers deal value. Our services in this area include:
- Tax due diligence for mergers and acquisitions involving US targets or acquirers;
- Acquisition structuring and divestment planning; and
- Migration of intellectual property.
Other consulting services
We provide a broad range of services, including:
- Tax reporting and strategy;
- Federal withholding tax analysis and planning;
- Personal wealth planning:
- Trust planning for asset protection;
- Estate and business succession planning;
- Pre-immigration planning; and
Pathfinder service: Starting/Expanding business in the USA
Are you planning to start a new business or expand existing business in the US? PwC’s Pathfinder service provides one-stop access to a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
The US tax and regulatory environment is unique and different from China. Our bicultural and bilingual advisers can help you identify the key issues Chinese companies may encounter when investing in the US and provide professional support in assurance, tax, advisory and other areas. PwC’s Pathfinder provides an efficient and single point of contact that can help you successfully expand your business into US every step of the way, and ensure a smooth, compliant and timely set-up and path forward.
Your Pathfinder professional can advise on:
- inbound US tax structure and choice of entity
- site selection and government incentives
- incorporation of US entities
- business registration
- opening a new US bank account
- setting up US payroll and payroll tax registration
- employee benefits and relocation
- FATCA readiness services
- transfer pricing
- custom duties
- US GAAP and IFRS tax provision services
- asset management consulting services
- Federal tax compliance services
- state income tax consulting & compliance
- sales tax implications
Why should you use our Pathfinder service?
The advantages we bring to you include:
- a unique and comprehensive service providing one-stop access to multi-disciplinary advice
- one point of contact to project manage all aspects of the delivery or co-ordinate various parts of the service
- wide ranging experience working with many Chinese inbound and outbound companies over the years
- seamless communication in Mandarin and English
- integrated with PwC global network to bring you global expertise and experience